On the 25th of June, at 10 in the morning, we will all be witness to a historical event in Madrid. We have the opportunity to run the Race for Diversity an activity that is preceded by the celebration of LGBT Pride of the world, the World Pride.
The start and finish lines are situated in the Plaza de Colón. You may choose between two distances: 5 and 10 kilometers. The registration, which can be done via website: http://carreradiversidad.com/ the fee to register is 17,60€. This packet includes the official race shirt, and the running bag. Additionally, 2€ of every registration payment goes to one of the following:
- Luleki Sizwe Womyn´s Project: the biggest organization in South Africa that fights violations against lesbian women’s rights. In recent years, 37 women have been killed due to their sexual orientation. This organization gives refuge and protection to victims of hate crimes.
- La liga arcoíris: campaigns in order to eliminate homophobia in sports. Their goal is to unite players, fans and teams against the ever-present LGBTFobia en Spanish sports.
- La biblioteca de colores: a beautiful project that works different types of diversity into children’s schools. They bring stories, books, and movies that educate the youth in important aspects of young life, such as respect and diversity.
¡Support these charities and Come run for Pride!
The objectives of the race are:
- Fight against the LGBTphobia in sports.
- Give more visibility to women in the sports world.
- Join together in a multidimensional sporting event in a society that celebrates your diversity, and your coexistence with respect and tolerance.
Registration is open from the first of May until the maximum number of participants has been reached.